Image Map

Monday, December 19, 2016

Fresh Start Home Checklist 2017

I know we haven't quite made it to Christmas yet, but with New Year's just around the corner I've started making a list of things I want to do over break to clean, organize, and get re-inspired at home and at school. Today I wanted to share my list for home with you- hopefully you'll find some new ideas to get you ready for a fresh start in 2017!


This is my 3rd time putting together these "Fresh Start Checklists" and I have found them so helpful each year. I always find new things to add to my list and this year is no different- now that I own my own home I am much more aware of things like air filters, smoke detectors, and other important household items that need to be cleaned, replaced, or checked periodically, so those have been added to my checklist.

I call them "fresh start" checklists and not cleaning checklists because I also include things that aren't related to cleaning or organizing but are good ways to breathe new life and energy into your home life, like adding a new piece of artwork. It's also a good time to get rid of clutter and streamline various aspects of your life so that you can start the year with a clean slate.

I love using these each year and find them so helpful for getting organized over the winter break! If you want to see the full list, you can download a copy here (I've made it fully editable this year so you can add/edit to suit your own needs!):


I hope you are all preparing for a wonderful holiday season, and that you are able to use this resource to get re-energized for the new year!

Want more? Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter and get ideas and resources for home and school sent straight to your inbox!

No comments :

Post a Comment