Image Map

Monday, March 20, 2017

My Go-To Online Resources for New Recipes

If you're too busy to slave away in the kitchen for an hour but still want to eat healthily, this post is for you! I'm always looking for great recipes that are easy and fast to make, healthy enough, and are appealing to my 5-year-olds and to me. I just didn't have that many recipes in my arsenal that fit the bill in all of those categories, and I was getting tired of making the same things over and over again! I've come across several online resources recently where I've been able to find lots of new recipes that fit all of my needs, so today I wanted to share those with you!


Very Easy, Not As Healthy
These two sites have lots of very easy recipes, and they're great for when I'm super busy. They aren't the healthiest recipes in the bunch, but they do have quite a few recipes that are healthy enough for me to feel good making when we have a particularly busy day.

1. A Year of Slow Cooking
Of course one great way to save time in the kitchen is with a slow cooker- I love when I can throw things into the crock pot before work and come home to a ready-to-eat dinner! This site has every kind of slow cooker recipe you can imagine. Here's her recipe for honey garlic chicken, which is simple and quick to throw together but very tasty. 

2. Bigger Bolder Baking
As the title suggests, this one has mostly sweet treats, but she also has quite a few mug meals that you can make in the microwave in just a few minutes! I've found a lot of great after school snacks here, and the microwave mug meals are great when I'm eating dinner alone (and on the run). Here's a video with 5 mug meal recipes!

Pretty Easy, Pretty Healthy
These two sites have mostly recipes that are not "dump-and-go", but they are still pretty easy- most of them can be made in under 30 minutes- and most of the recipes are healthy (and kid-friendly) as well! Many of these recipes have made it into my regular dinner rotation.

3. The Domestic Geek
This site has so many great, healthy recipes that are easy to make, it's hard to choose just one to recommend! For most weeknight dinners, these recipes are the perfect balance of healthy and easy for me. Here's a video with 3 easy meals you can make on 1 sheet pan!

4. Asian at Home
Many of you know that, having grown up in Japan and spent a good amount of my adult life living in Korea, I am particularly partial to East Asian food. This is a great place for getting relatively easy recipes for Asian food of all kinds- she has Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Thai, Chinese, and other cuisines represented and she explains how to get any unusual ingredients in the U.S. as well. Here's a great, super-simple recipe for Oyakodon, a Japanese chicken and rice bowl that I absolutely love.

I hope you found some new recipes to keep you and your family eating healthy on busy weeknights! If you want to see more of my favorite, simple and healthy recipes, check out my Pinterest boards:



What are your favorite places to find new healthy and easy recipes? Have a favorite weeknight dinner recipe that your whole family loves? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!

Want more? Sign up here for the Organized Chaos Newsletter and get ideas and resources for home and school sent straight to your inbox!

No comments :

Post a Comment